India’s strategic environment draws from the fact that though India has an ancient culture but it is a new nation. Over the last 60 years the nation has experimented with various forms of foreign, domestic and economic policy models. From Panchsheel to a dominant government owned stifled economy to the present race, Indian strategic environment and policies have been governed more by the predicaments of the time rather than a well articulated long term vision. There thus is a dismal record of Indian strategic policy and decision making at various levels, be they external posture or management of the internal growth requirements. There resultantly is a lack of a seasoned mechanism for strategic policy and decision making in pursuance of achieving its Core National Interests. This applies specifically to India’s higher defence decision making organisation.
eNews & Updates
- National Defence University – An Analysis
- South Punjab: The Key Battle Ground in Pakistan Elections
- Defence Indigenisation
- What is Foreign Office Up To?
- 54 PoWs and the shadow of Nehru
- Pakistan Elections and Taliban
- China…What Next?
- Managing the Borders
- Chinese Intrusion in Ladakh: Terrain model exposes Dragons War Preparedness
- India-China Relations and the Changing Nature of War
- Ladakh and the War Zone Campaign Doctrine of China
- Sarabjit’s Murder Shows Radicalisation of Pakistan Society
- Ban on Porn and Pornography of Ban
- Ladakh: The Perspective that is Missing
- Himalayas or Indo Pacific
TagsAfghanistan Afghan National Army Af Pak Af Pak Policy Al Qaeda America Arab World Asia Bangladesh Barack Obama Burma China India Indian Army Indo pak relations internal security Iran ISAF ISI Jammu and Kashmir Jihad Kashmir Kayani LeT Libya Manmohan Singh Middle East Myanmar NATO New Delhi New York Times Obama pakistan Pakistan Army Russia SAARC south Asia Srinagar Taliban terror United States USA Warfare and Conflict War in Afghanistan (2001–present) war on terror
- S. Suchindranath Aiyer on National Defence University – An Analysis
- S. Suchindranath Aiyer on Defence Indigenisation
- wazir on Pakistan: Dynamics of Failing State Theory
- sid on Indian prisoners of war holed till death in Pakistan
- SURESH JOTANIYA on Indian prisoners of war holed till death in Pakistan
- Ashesh Das on Au Revoir, Lieutenant Navdeep Singh..
- Manish Sharma on 54 PoWs and the shadow of Nehru
- REPLUG: National Defence University – An Analysis southasianidea.com/modernising-th… 34 minutes ago
- SAISA Gazette is out! paper.li/southasianidea… ▸ Top stories today via @sanjeevmiglani @SIAS_Southasia @southasianidea1 4 hours ago
- 2 people followed me and 2 people unfollowed me // automatically checked by fllwrs.com 13 hours ago